Marriage is still the most common option for Spanish couples, but registering as a domestic partner is an alternative for many citizens. A de facto union is a stable union of two people who live freely, publicly and notoriously, and among whom there is an affective bond similar to that of a marriage.
The couple in fact in Spain is any relationship of couples by definition implies a coexistence between two people, regardless of their sex, with a relationship of affectivity similar to the conjugal, that coexistence in common is what determines the couple in fact. In many countries also known as Free Union. If you still have doubts about the procedure and procedure, let us advise you by our immigration and immigration lawyers at Tolentino Abogados, we can help you.
In order to recognize the existence of a “couple of fact” must concur the following circumstances:
● A public relation and notorious, that is, that behave in front of third parties as if it were a marriage.
● That they are not united by marriage.
● That they lead a stable life and be durable. (1 year of coexistence, although the term differs according to the register to which it comes)
● The existence of common interests in the development of a family life.
● Although the de facto union is required to have some stability, the current legislation does not establish a concrete timeframe from which it is considered that it exists, only the legislation of urban leases, when addressing the chapter of subrogations in contracts Of rental housing provides that the surrogacy of the spouse or the person with whom he cohabits maritally regardless of their sexual choice, if this coexistence has lasted at least 2 years or there are common descendants.
● Leasing legislation has been the first law in Spain that has equated heterosexual couples with homosexuals with respect to subrogation rights in housing rental contracts.
What it is incluyed:
Our immigration and immigration lawyers at Tolentino Abogados can help you process your “couple of fact” and consequently your residence. Our experts advise you from the beginning of your process, help you throughout the management process. From his first appointment, until obtaining his residence in Spain.
What does not include:
Our service does not comprise the assistance in Spanish Consulates. We personally assist within our firm located in Madrid, Spain, and in Santo Domingo City, Dominican Republic.
With regard to other matters, we provide legal aid online.
Un abogado especializado y experto en extranjería e inmigración, le informará sobre cómo solucionar su problema. Para asesoramiento más amplio, podemos atenderle por Skype o en nuestro despacho en Madrid. Solicite cita previa llamando al +34 918 272 222.