Assistance for highly qualified personnel
Para quienes acrediten cualificaciones de enseñanza superior
It is considered highly qualified personnel whoever can prove qualifications of higher education. The “Visa for Entrepreneurs” is an international mobility programme that regulates the entry and term of stay in Spain, facilitating and speeding up the granting of visas and permits of residence for economic reason for those foreigners for which it is not applicable the European Law. The applicants must be investors, entrepreneurs, highly qualified personnel, researchers or employees moving within the same company/society.
Therefore, it is directed to investors, entrepreneurs, highly qualified personnel, researchers or employees moving within the same company/society.
The spouse, underages sons, adults of age sons not able to take care of their necessities due to health issues can also take advantage of this programme to get together and accompany the applic
ant by applying for the permit and the visa.
The regulatory law allows and make it easier for companies to start a working relationship within the spanish territory with highly qualified personnel, generally managers.
Enterprises can apply for a permit of residence for highly qualified personnel, valid within the entire spanish territory, as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Small and medium enterprises established in Spain and operating in a strategic area.
- For entrepreneurial projects of general interest: increase or maintenance of direct employment; a considerable investment with a socioeconomic impact and relevant for the territory in which it will be developed the activity; concurring of general reasons for the commercial policy of investment in Spain or a relevant contribution for the scientific and/or technologic innovation
- For Large enterprises: an average workforce superior to 250 employees in Spain during the three months prior to the application form, an annual turnover superior to 50 millions of euros in Spain or a annual gross foreign investment of one million of euros in the last three years prior to the application form.
Our expert lawyers can help you learning about:
- What is a Visa for entrepreneurs?
- Who is eligible to apply for this visa?
- What is the permit of residence for highly qualified personnel?
- How to obtain it?
- What are the mandatory requirements?
Pasos a seguir:
- Application forms for employees will be resolved and notified within 10 working days from the submission
- Once the visa is obtained, the residence in Spain will be processed.
- The Unidad de Grandes Empresas de la Dirección General de Migraciones is the Office where the application has to be submitted
- The deadline for the notification is one month, starting from the next day of the submission of the application form and duly accepted within the competent authority.
There are two types of permits, corresponding to different stages of the entrepreneurial activity. it is considered entrepreneurial the activity with an innovative nature and of genera and economic interest for Spain. For its assessment, it will have to meet specific requirements such as, for instance, the applicant profile, the business plan or the considered investment opportunities.
1) Entry and stay for the starting of the entrepreneurial activity:
The applicant for request a visa to enter and stay in Spain for an initial period of one year, with the only or main purpose of accomplishing with the procedure in order to develop an entrepreneurial activity. Furthermore, the applicant will be eligible to obtain the permit of residence without requesting the visa and without being obligated to comply with a minimum period of stay, as long as he/she proves to have already started the entrepreneurial activity.
2) Residence for entrepreneurs:
It is destined to those foreigners that either want to enter Spain or just hold a permit of stay, residence or visa and want to start, develop or manage an economic activity as entrepreneurs. They will be granted with an authorisation of residence for the development of the entrepreneurial activity, which will be valid within the entire spanish territory. Furthermore, they will have to comply with the general requirements to start the activity, as per law.
- For no longer than three months stays, they will have to comply with the Schengen regulation
- For visas that allows the stay, they will have to comply with the requirements, as per the Visas Code
- For residence visas and permits, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Not have entered or stayed illegally in Spanish territory.
- Not hold a criminal record whether in Spain or in the previous five years where he has resided
- Have to be 18 years or over.
- Not have been refused to entry in any of the Schengen countries.
- Have access to a public or private health insurance authorized to operate in Spain.
- Have sufficient financial means to cover personal and family living expenses whilst in Spain.
- Have paid the fee for the request of the permit or visa.
What it is included
Our expert immigration lawyers of Tolentino Abogados can help you processing your permit of residence with the purpose of assisting and making it easier for our clients to obtain this document.
Since the moment you enter Spain, you can rely on our team. We are encharged of the process from the very first moment until the resolution of the application.
Our lawyers of Tolentino Abogados will provide you with the following services:
- Legal assistance about the procedures
- Legal assistance regarding the submission of the application form to obtain the permit of residence and work for highly qualified personnel
- Specialized and tailored legal assistance for enterprises and entities that demand the entry in Spain of foreigner highly qualified personnel.
- Fulfillment of the application form to be presented
- Presentation of the application form
- Monitory of the proceedings
- Scheduled appointments
- Arrangement of the fingerprints appointment
- Complete assistance during the proceeding from the presentation of the application form until its resolution
What does not include:
Our service does not comprise the assistance in Spanish Consulates. We personally assist within our Firm located in Madrid, Spain, and in Santo Domingo City, Dominican Republic.
With regard to other matters, we provide legal aid online.
Un abogado especializado y experto en extranjería e inmigración, le informará sobre cómo solucionar su problema. Para asesoramiento más amplio, podemos atenderle por Skype o en nuestro despacho en Madrid. Solicite cita previa llamando al +34 918 272 222.