Legal assistance for students
Ven, únete y vive la experiencia de tener un año fantástico.
If you are a student and your intention is moving to Spain, you shall rely on our expert Immigration Lawyers of Tolentino Abogados in Madrid. We will assist you to apply for every type of proceeding related to the obtention of the authorisation, modification, renewal and extension of the student residence.
- Do you want to move and study in Spain?
- Have you obtained a scholarship and would like to know more about the proceedings?
- Are you a foreign citizen with the intention of staying in Spain to attend an academic school year?
- Or simply you want to study and learn about a new culture?
- Do you want to continue with your studies, enroll to a Bachelor degree or Master’s degree?
- Are you going to be part of a training process in your company?
- Would you like to do an internship in Spain?
- Do you want to start a period as volunteer?
- Are you currently in an exchange student programme?
Our Lawyers can help you!
Tolentino Abogados will assist you to apply for every type of proceeding related to the obtention of the authorisation, modification, renewal and extension of the student residence.
Keep in mind that Spain counts with several prestigious Schools of Business and a well structured network of Universities. In addition, Spain is the major receptor of Erasmus, Latin American or foreigner students in the world.
Moreover, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world, and Spain offers quite high standards regarding the Academic Education.
Come and enjoy a great year, visiting many European cities. In order to live a delightful experience, you should take advantage of our team of Lawyers in Madrid.
If you are a student, these are the steps:
1) Be admitted to the School or Center of Studies of your interest
2) Once you receive the letter of admission, you will have to apply for the visa
3) The visa must be requested at the Consulate and it is issued according to the reasons of the residence in Spain, allowing the applicant to legally reside in Spain ONLY for the above mentioned reasons. For students, this visa will permit to stay in Spain for Academic or Studying purposes.
4) Requirements to obtain a student visa:
- Application form, filled by the applicant
- 4 pictures card size
- Valid passport during the entire period of visa validity
- Have sufficient financial means to cover personal and family living expenses whilst in Spain.
- Notary document in case of another person is taking care of the expenses whilst in Spain
- Bank Statement by which it is shown the amount of money held by the person taking care of the expenses; also of the student, in case he/she has sufficient financial means to cover personal and family living expenses whilst in Spain.
- Whether it is possible, acquaintance of the credit card that will be used by the student to pay the expenses whilst in Spain.
- Job Statement in case of the person taking care of the student’s expenses
- Scholarship documentation, whether applicable
- Documentation proving the accommodation in Spain during all the period of studies. In case of renting, it will be necessary to prove the contract. In case of special invitation, it will have to be legalized by Spanish Notary.
- Have access to a public or private health insurance authorized to operate in Spain for: medical expenses, hospitalisation expenses, repatriation in case of illness, repatriation in case of death.
- Criminal record certificate (Ministry Of Justice), duly authenticated and with Haya Apostille (Secretary of Foreign Affairs).
- Medical Certificate on Colegio médico paper.
- Proof of being admitted to a Center of Studies officially accepted in Spain
- Academic transcript with all the information related to the period of studies
- In case the applicant is underage and not accompanied by the parents or legal tutors, it is necessary the approval for leaving the country of origin, signed by the parents and authenticated by Notary.
5) Once you obtain the student visa, you must enter Spain during its validity
6) Once you enter Spain, you have one month to apply for the student residence. Be careful, this is a mandatory requirement that must be satisfied in order to not affect the entire process
Should you want more information, please do not hesitate to contact our expert lawyers, who will answer any doubt related this matter
What it is included:
Our expert Immigration Lawyers of Tolentino Abogados will provide you with these services:
- Assist you through all the process to obtain the student residence
- Defend your interests as a student in Spain
- Study case and solving of legal problems that might occur with the student visa
- Issue of the legal report about the procedure regarding authorisation, modification, renewal and extension of the student residence.
- Legal Assistance about the management of the personal rights regarding the authorisation, modification, renewal and extension of the student residence.
- Legal aid in case of problems occurring with the matter.
What does not include:
Our service does not comprise the assistance in Spanish Consulates. We personally assist within our Firm located in Madrid, Spain, and in Santo Domingo City, Dominican Republic.
With regard to other matters, we provide legal aid online.